What we are looking for
We have ongoing communication, marketing and promotional work linked to our contracts with EU institutions and agencies and to our R&D projects. We are expanding this portfolio with new tenders and projects which are in the pipeline.
In this context, we are seeking to recruit a Communication Consultant to complement our growing and high-powered Communications Team and help us to scale up our outreach and promotional activities.
You will work under the guidance and supervision of our Communication and Marketing Manager and the Director of Communication. Whilst we encourage and nurture autonomy and self-determination, project management and/or client-facing duties will be considered as main advantages when evaluating candidate’s capabilities, seniority and experience. An experience of good coordination with internal and external teams is highly valuable.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate would be trained in communication, marketing or social media, with 1-3 years of experience in the field. As with all our team members, we are on the look-out for versatility, willingness to learn, creativity and ambition, and a strong motivation to work for a small yet fast-growing SME.
The key ingredients are a combination of strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, good organisational and problem-solving capabilities, the ability to understand and communicate complex ideas effectively, for a broad range of audiences such as general public, policymakers, industry actors, strong sense of initiative, flexibility and – above all – an excellent grasp of modern communication and marketing practices.
Responsibilities of the new team member are split across six categories, and will include (but not be limited to) the following tasks:
Communication strategy and planning
- Supporting the development and implementation of communication strategies for international organisations
- Refining and adapting existing strategies in light of new information, feedback or monitoring data
- Supporting the development of implementation and delivery plans and schedules for editorial, publication, email and social media
- Supporting the production of all communication outputs, including liaison with external suppliers, such as Graphic designers, Animators, Videographers and photographers, Web designers, Layout artists.
- Primary production of communication materials such as website content, banners, social media posts, leaflet/brochure contents, storyboards, graphical concepts, etc.
- Editing, proof-reading and quality control of communication outputs produced by other parties, internal or external
Digital marketing and social media
- Supporting the execution of digital marketing campaigns (including paid advertising)
- Supporting the management one or more social media accounts, including those of Evenflow
Monitoring and Impact Assessment
- Supporting the management of monitoring and impact assessment tools (e.g. social media and website KPIs) for our ongoing campaigns and web properties
- Conduct analyses of monitoring data and extract actionable insights
Project Leadership and Administration
Dependent on needs and skill, the new team member may be required to carry out management and reporting duties linked to our new or ongoing externally-funded research and innovation projects.
Here are the specific traits we are looking for
- 1-3 years of experience in a digital/social media marketing or communications role.
- Native (or native level) written and spoken English (C2)
- Ability to work well both independently and within larger teams
- Good project management skills, including a strong ability to perform well in tight timeframes and to prioritise
- Editorial and content generation capability
- Intimate understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint, and working knowledge of WordPress CMS.
- Understanding of the European Space Programmes and their applications
- Demonstrated experience of delivering work in or for European institutions or agencies: Experience with and knowledge of the organisation, structure and working procedures of the European Commission and/or EU Agencies;
- Hands-on European project management experience (e.g. Horizon 2020/Europe)
- Experience in Earth Observation or the development aid / development cooperation (desirable, not essential)
- Broadcast production is a plus
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Nice to have
- Supporting new comms-related business development activities: Opportunity monitoring, identification and assessment of potential partnerships, bid management support including consortium building.
- Strong proposal-writing skills (especially for European funding schemes) Experience in procurement and contracts management;
- Experience working with the press and in the organisation and coverage of press conferences and briefings;
- Experience in crisis communications;
- Ability to use professional graphic design software
What we offer
Evenflow offers the opportunity to:
- Play a strong role in a young, dynamic and steadily growing company;
- Enjoy an upbeat, inclusive and comfortable working environment (even when working from home!), in which your ideas are valued and your work-life balance is respected;
- Work on various aspects of exciting, high-tech projects in a wide range of application domains (agriculture, environment, energy, transport, etc.);
- Develop professionally and enhance your transferable skill-set as well as your thematic expertise;
- Travel, meet clients and build your professional network across Europe;
- Earn a competitive salary, take on well-defined responsibilities from the outset and shape your future role within the team as the company grows.
If you would like to express your interest in working for Evenflow, please write to email@example.com enclosing your CV (in Europass format) and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) outlining: (1) your reasons for applying, (2) your main strengths and weaknesses and (3) a description of your dream job in this role.
This call for CVs will remain open until further notice, and/or until the relevant position is filled.
We expect to commence the first round of interviews as soon as possible. Note: In the aftermath of the coronavirus pandemic, our company is transitioning from a home-working model to regular attendance at our office in Brussels. Interviews can therefore be held in person for local candidates or online, depending on individual circumstances.
Based in Brussels, Evenflow is a strategy and communications consultancy specialised in the promotion, exploitation and market uptake of innovative technologies (primarily Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation). Our work is driven by the aspiration to build sustainable solutions enabled by such technologies and facilitate the realisation of a wide range of economic, social and environmental benefits to providers and users alike. To achieve that, we work with and for actors across the entire value chain:
- We engage end-users (e.g. farmers, civil protection agencies or the general public at large) to understand their needs and to raise their awareness on cutting-edge solutions that can help them.
- We provide strategic advice, market development and user uptake support to EU institutions and governmental organisations, contributing to their efforts to align policies with societal needs and the latest market or technology trends.
- We help universities, start-ups, SMEs and large companies to commercialise their research, scale up their activities and bring the benefits of their solutions to a wider audience.
- We partner with all the above actors to design, implement and exploit high-quality, high-impact projects utilising innovative technologies.
- We craft and implement outreach strategies, extracting the important messages for different target audiences and conveying them through the appropriate channels and media, as well as constructing powerful marketing campaigns.
In accordance with the GDPR, Evenflow ensures that your data will be processed exclusively for the purposes of completing this recruitment process. By submitting an application, you consent to the processing and storage of your data. Your data will be made available to the Directors as well as the administrative personnel responsible for the recruitment process. You can withdraw your application and the right to process your data that you have provided to us at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.