Our portfolio of communication, marketing and promotional work linked to our contracts with EU institutions and agencies and to our R&D projects is growing and developing. In this context, we are seeking to recruit a full-time Communication and Marketing Consultant as soon as possible, to complement our versatile and aspirational Communications Team and help us to scale up our outreach and promotional activities.
The responsibilities of the new team member are split across five categories, and will include (but may not be limited to) the following tasks:
Communication strategy and planning
- Supporting the development and implementation of digital communication strategies
- Refining and adapting existing strategies in light of new information, feedback or monitoring data
- Supporting the development of implementation and delivery plans and schedules for editorial, publication, email and social media
Monitoring and Impact Assessment
- Management of monitoring and impact assessment tools (e.g. KPIs for Google analytics and social media analytics) for our ongoing campaigns and web properties as well as the web properties of clients
- Conduct analyses of monitoring data and extract actionable insights to create data driven approaches to strategy and planning
- User-centered evaluations, identifying key usability problems and providing recommendations on how to solve them
Content Creation and Management
- CMS and website management (Drupal and WordPress)
- Primary production of communication materials such as infographics, data visualizations, banners, graphical concepts, visuals, etc.
- Editing, proof-reading and quality control of communication outputs produced by other parties, internal or external
- Supporting the production of all communication outputs, including liaison with external suppliers, such as Graphic designers, Animators, Videographers and photographers, and Web designers
- Using a strong understanding of user centered design to optimize the user experience of web page design including in layout design, user journeys and interaction navigation
- Recommendation of UI solutions for different web products
Digital marketing and social media
- Using analytics to support the management of one or more social media accounts, including those of Evenflow
- Supporting the execution of digital marketing campaigns (including paid advertising) with a data driven approach
Project Leadership and Administration
Dependent on needs and skill, the new team member may be required to carry out management and reporting duties linked to our new or ongoing externally-funded research and innovation projects.
You will work under the guidance and supervision of our Communication and Marketing Manager and the Director of Communication.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate would be trained in communications, marketing and/or social media, with 1-3 years of experience in the field. As with all our team members, we are on the look-out for versatility, willingness to learn, creativity and ambition, and a strong motivation to work for a small, strong and fast-growing SME.
The key ingredients are a combination of strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, good organisational and problem-solving capabilities, the ability to understand and communicate complex ideas effectively, for a broad range of audiences such as general public, policymakers, industry actors, strong sense of initiative, flexibility and – above all – an excellent grasp of modern communication and marketing practices.
Here are the specific traits we are looking for:
- 1-3 years of experience in a digital marketing or communications role.
- Native (or near-native level) written and spoken English (C2)
- Ability to work well both independently and within larger teams
- Good project management skills, including a strong ability to perform well in tight timeframes and to prioritise
- Intimate understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design
- Content Management Systems (Drupal & WordPress)
- Performance Analysis tools, e.g. Google Analytics 4, Tag Manager, Google ads, Mailchimp, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics, UTM URL Generation best practices
- Candidates must have legal authorisation to live and work in the European Union.
- Understanding of the European Union Space Programme and its applications
- Demonstrated experience of delivering work in or for European institutions or agencies: Experience with and knowledge of the organisation, structure and working procedures of the European Commission and/or EU Agencies;
- Hands-on European project management experience (e.g. Horizon 2020/Europe)
- Basic grasp of HTML and CSS
- Understanding of SEO best practices
Nice to have
- Supporting new comms-related business development activities: Opportunity monitoring, identification and assessment of potential partnerships, bid management support including consortium building.
- Strong proposal-writing skills (especially for European funding schemes) Experience in procurement and contracts management;
- Experience working with the press and in the organisation and coverage of press conferences and briefings;
- Ability to use professional graphic design software (such as Canva and Adobe Suite)
What we offer
Evenflow offers the opportunity to:
- Play a strong role in a young, dynamic and steadily growing company;
- Enjoy an upbeat, inclusive and comfortable working environment (even when working from home!), in which your ideas are valued, and your work-life balance is respected;
- Work on various aspects of exciting, high-tech projects in a wide range of application domains (agriculture, environment, energy, transport, etc.);
- Develop professionally and enhance your transferable skill-set as well as your thematic expertise;
- Travel, meet clients and build your professional network across Europe;
- Earn a competitive salary, take on well-defined responsibilities from the outset and shape your future role within the team as the company grows.
If you would like to express your interest in working for Evenflow, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing your CV (in Europass format) and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) outlining: (1) your reasons for applying, (2) your main strengths and weaknesses and (3) a description of your dream job in this role.
This call for CVs will remain open until further notice, and/or until the relevant position is filled.
We expect to commence the first round of interviews as soon as possible. Interviews can be held in person for local candidates or online, depending on individual circumstances.
Based in Brussels, Evenflow is a strategy and communications consultancy specialised in the promotion, exploitation and market uptake of innovative technologies (primarily Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation). Our work is driven by the aspiration to build sustainable solutions enabled by such technologies and facilitate the realisation of a wide range of economic, social and environmental benefits to providers and users alike. To achieve that, we work with and for actors across the entire value chain:
- We engage end-users (e.g. farmers, civil protection agencies or the general public at large) to understand their needs and to raise their awareness on cutting-edge solutions that can help them.
- We provide strategic advice, market development and user uptake support to EU institutions and governmental organisations, contributing to their efforts to align policies with societal needs and the latest market or technology trends.
- We help universities, start-ups, SMEs and large companies to commercialise their research, scale up their activities and bring the benefits of their solutions to a wider audience.
- We partner with all the above actors to design, implement and exploit high-quality, high-impact projects utilising innovative technologies.
- We craft and implement outreach strategies, extracting the important messages for different target audiences and conveying them through the appropriate channels and media, as well as constructing powerful marketing campaigns.