Evenflow is hiring an Operations Support Manager, to start as soon as possible. We are looking for a skilled and versatile individual to support all aspects of our company’s operations, including accounting, human resources, record-keeping, and financial management. The new team member will join our Operations Team, working under the guidance of the Operations Manager and the Director of Operations.
The responsibilities of the new team member will include (but not be limited to) the following tasks:
Human Resources and Operational Management
- Overall handling of HR-related requests and administration – main contact for payroll
- Handling of regular personnel-related activities: absence log, timesheets, expenses, sick leave, maternity leave, etc.
- Support to HR processes such as interviewing, hiring, onboarding and induction of new employees, and annual reviews of existing staff
- Support to monitoring of staff and consultant contracts and renewals
- Keeping up to date with Belgian regulatory or statutory policies that might affect the company, and liaison with relevant Belgian authorities/institutions (e.g., ONEM, ONSS) when needed
- Implementing processes or systems to help ensure good management of the organisation or compliance with legislation
- Ensuring that company policies and procedures are approved and up to date
Accounting and Finance
- Support to the maintenance of (monthly and quarterly) company accounting, including the preparation of invoices and payments
- Act as main contact point for cross-company services providers, and manage company service contracts (e.g., insurance, office rent, tax recovery, etc.)
- Convening and servicing annual general meetings (AGMs) and other meetings
- Managing office space and facilities
- Purchasing of supplies and equipment, and maintaining asset logs
- Managing databases and filing systems
Production and Support of Management Information and Tasks
- Maintaining an overview of expenditures and revenues, and developing and monitoring forecasting scenarios of potential income and spending
- Monitoring project budgets and resource allocation
- Producing regular summaries and briefings on the above subjects for the Directors
- Provide support to compliance on EU funded programmes
- Administrative support to business development activities
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate would be an organised and versatile individual with the ability to keep an eagle-eye view on a wide range of topics. This is a challenging role, demanding solid time management and organisational skills, the ability to set up, test, monitor and implement procedures and react positively and flexibly to changing priorities.
As with all our team members, we are on the look-out for willingness to learn, creativity and ambition, and a strong motivation to work for a small yet fast-growing SME.
The key ingredients are a combination of strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, good organisational and problem-solving capabilities, and the desire to become a key player in our small (but dynamic!) team’s operational life.
Here are the specific traits we are looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience in (a) comparable role(s) (e.g., administrative, office manager, operations manager, etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken English (C2 level) and French (or Dutch) (min. C1)
- Ability to work well both independently and within larger teams
- Multitasking and time management capabilities
- Good project management skills, including a strong ability to perform well in tight timeframes and to multi-task
- Intimate understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of Belgian regulatory framework on employment, finance, and accounting
- Hands-on European project preparation and management experience (e.g., Horizon Europe)
- Good understanding of EU procurement rules and procedures
- Good knowledge of web-based project and task management tools (e.g., Odoo)
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
What we offer
Evenflow offers the opportunity to:
- Play a strong role in a young, dynamic and steadily growing company;
- Enjoy an upbeat, inclusive and comfortable working environment (even when working from home!), in which your ideas are valued and your work-life balance is respected;
- Work on various aspects of exciting, high-tech projects in a wide range of application domains (agriculture, environment, energy, transport, etc.);
- Develop professionally and enhance your transferable skill set as well as your thematic expertise;
- Travel, meet clients and build your professional network across Europe;
- Earn a competitive salary, take on well-defined responsibilities from the outset and shape your future role within the team as the company grows.
If you would like to express your interest in working for Evenflow, please write to email@example.com enclosing your CV and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) outlining: (1) your reasons for applying, (2) your main strengths and weaknesses, and (3) a description of your dream job.
Important: Only applications with a motivation letter AND CV will be considered.
This call for CVs will remain open until further notice, and/or until the relevant position is filled.
We expect to commence the first round of interviews as soon as possible. Interviews can be held in person for local candidates or online, depending on individual circumstances.
Based in Brussels, Evenflow is a strategy and communications consultancy specialised in the promotion, exploitation, and market uptake of innovative technologies (primarily Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation). Our work is driven by the aspiration to build sustainable solutions enabled by such technologies and facilitate the realisation of a wide range of economic, social, and environmental benefits to providers and users alike. To achieve that, we work with and for actors across the entire value chain:
- We engage end-users (e.g., farmers, civil protection agencies or the general public at large) to understand their needs and to raise their awareness on cutting-edge solutions that can help them.
- We provide strategic advice, market development and user uptake support to EU institutions and governmental organisations, contributing to their efforts to align policies with societal needs and the latest market or technology trends.
- We help universities, start-ups, SMEs and large companies to commercialise their research, scale up their activities and bring the benefits of their solutions to a wider audience.
- We partner with all the above actors to design, implement and exploit high-quality, high-impact projects utilising innovative technologies.
- We craft and implement outreach strategies, extracting the important messages for different target audiences and conveying them through the appropriate channels and media, as well as constructing powerful marketing campaigns.