With major new activities starting in the coming months, we are looking to recruit a consultant who will support project management and analytical (market studies, strategy consulting, business planning) tasks. We are looking for full-time hires.
Learn more about what Evenflow does at the end of this post, and on our website.
About the role
Evenflow is involved in several contracts with EU institutions and agencies, R&D projects and B2B assignments, where we support user uptake, market development and strategic activities around the European Space Programme and its various applications.
In this context, we are seeking to recruit a Consultant who will support the execution of tasks carried out by Evenflow. This will include:
- The end-to-end implementation of project management and consortium coordination tasks for new projects and contracts
- The drafting of reports, including the development of strategic roadmaps and action plans
- The execution of market analyses in different sectors, including value chain analyses, competitive landscape mapping and monitoring of current and future trends
- The development of business plans, commercialisation or market entry strategies at application or even programme level (e.g. for Galileo or Copernicus)
In addition, and depending on her/his interests and abilities, the selected candidate may support business development activities (from opportunity monitoring to end-to-end proposal management).
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate would be a versatile, multi-talented individual, strongly motivated to work for a small yet fast-growing SME. The key ingredients are a combination of strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, good problem-solving/analytical capabilities, the ability to understand and communicate complex ideas effectively, and – above all – an entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a keen willingness to learn.
With regards to the specific tasks listed above, we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience in project management of contracts with EU institutions and/or high-tech focussed R&D activities (e.g. Horizon 2020 or Horizon Europe).
- Strong ability to perform well in tight timeframes, coordinate inputs across partners in a collaborative environment and interact with clients.
- Solid experience in data collection and analysis, and synthesis of findings in reports.
- Proven understanding of programmatic, market and/or technological aspects of the European Space Programme (in particular Galileo and Copernicus) and its applications.
- Strong academic background in scientific or business disciplines.
- Ability to work well both independently and within larger teams.
- Excellent written and spoken English (C2 level).
- Intimate understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- EU work permit
- Demonstrated experience of conducting strategy consulting for European institutions or agencies.
- Good knowledge of market dynamics in sectors served by satellite-enabled applications (e.g. agriculture, environmental monitoring, security, etc.)
- Strong proposal-writing skills (especially for European funding schemes).
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
What we offer
Evenflow offers the opportunity to:
- Play a strong role in a young, dynamic and steadily growing company.
- Enjoy a flexible, upbeat and inclusive working environment, in which your ideas are valued and your work-life balance is respected.
- Work on various aspects of exciting, high-tech projects in a wide range of vertical application domains.
- Develop professionally and enhance your transferable skill set as well as your thematic expertise.
- Travel, meet clients and build your professional network across Europe
- Earn a competitive salary, take on well-defined responsibilities from the outset and shape your future role within the team as the company grows.
If you would like to express your interest in working for Evenflow, please write to email@example.com enclosing your CV and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) outlining: (1) your reasons for applying, (2) your main strengths and weaknesses, and (3) a description of your dream job.
Important: Only applications with a motivation letter AND CV will be considered.
This call will remain open until further notice, and/or until the relevant position is filled.
We expect to commence the first round of interviews at the start of July 2023, with an envisaged start date of our new hire in September 2023.
Based in Brussels, Evenflow is a strategy and communications consultancy specialised in the promotion, exploitation and market uptake of innovative technologies (primarily related to Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation). Our work is driven by the aspiration to build sustainable solutions enabled by such technologies and facilitate the realisation of a wide range of economic, social and environmental benefits to providers and users alike. To achieve that, we work with and for actors across the entire value chain:
- We engage end-users (e.g. farmers, civil protection agencies or the general public at large) to understand their needs and to raise their awareness on cutting-edge solutions that can help them.
- We provide strategic advice, market development and user uptake support to EU institutions and governmental organisations, contributing to their efforts to align policies with societal needs and the latest market or technology trends.
- We help universities, start-ups, SMEs and large companies to commercialise their research, scale up their activities and bring the benefits of their solutions to a wider audience.
- We partner with all the above actors to design, implement and exploit high-quality, high-impact projects utilising innovative technologies.
- We craft and implement outreach strategies, extracting the important messages for different target audiences and conveying them through the appropriate channels and media, as well as constructing powerful marketing campaigns.
These activities are conducted within framework contracts with European Institutions, R&D projects and B2B assignments for which more information can be found here.