As new horizons open up before us, we are looking to make three new hires with starting dates as soon as possible, including this one: Operations Support Manager and PA to the Directors.
Evenflow is a creative and dynamic strategy and communications consultancy focused on supporting and promoting the applications of innovative technologies such as Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation:
- We create insights to support new businesses, guide strategy, and inform policy
- We support innovation through access to markets, finance and expertise
- We communicate creatively through informative campaigns and powerful stories
We aspire to create sustainable solutions using these technologies, helping to realise a range of economic, social and environmental benefits. To do this, we work with a variety of partners and stakeholders:
- We engage end-users (e.g. farmers, civil protection agencies or the general public at large) to understand their needs and to raise their awareness on cutting-edge solutions that can meet them.
- We provide strategic advice, market development and user uptake support to EU institutions and governmental organisations, helping to align policies with societal needs and market or technology trends.
- We help universities, start-ups, SMEs and large companies to commercialise their research, scale up their activities and bring the benefits of their solutions to a wider audience.
- We partner with the above actors to design high-quality, high-impact projects utilising innovative technologies.
- We build user communities, stimulate dialogues and raise awareness through our outreach, marketing and promotional activities.
Learn more about what we do on our website.
About the role
We are seeking to hire a competent individual to support all aspects of our company’s operations (accounting, human resources, record-keeping, financial management) and act as a Personal Assistant (PA) to our two Directors. We envisage the split between these two sets of duties to average out at 80:20 respectively.
The responsibilities of the new team member will include (but not be limited to) the following tasks:
Operations Support Manager
Office Management Support
- Convening and servicing annual general meetings (AGMs) and other meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes, conveying decisions, handling meeting correspondence and so on)
- Liaison with National or EU financial institutions
- Keeping up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect the organisation, in particular H2020 & Horizon Europe financial regulations
- Act as main contact point for several suppliers of cross-company services (e.g. payroll), and manage company service contracts (insurance, office rent, tax recovery, etc)
- Managing office space and facilities
- Ordering stationery and furniture
- Managing databases and filing systems
Human Resources Management
- Regular personnel-related activities: absence log maintenance, timesheet initiation and monitoring, preparation of payments, etc
- Support to HR processes such as interviewing, hiring, onboarding and induction of new employees, and annual reviews of existing staff, keeping personnel records up to date
- Monitoring contract durations, preparing updated versions for signature (both freelance and personnel)
- Overall handling of HR-related requests and administration
Accounting and Finance
- Support to the maintenance of (monthly and quarterly) company accounting and liaison with external accountants, including issuing of invoices
- Supporting the preparation of financial overviews and projections
- Financial contract supervision and reporting, invoicing, and archiving
Management of Operational Procedures
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are up to date and are approved
- Implementing processes or systems to help ensure good management of the organisation or compliance with legislation
Support to Project Management and Business Development
- Maintaining an overview of current and planned budget consumption and resource availability
- Providing assistance to project planning and resources allocation
- Provide support to funded programmes compliance – H2020 & Horizon Europe in particular
- Administrative Support to projects and business development (CV, references, credentials)
PA to Directors
- Providing support to the Directors on specific projects
- Contact management and directory maintenance
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation registering for events and conferences
- Taking minutes of meetings
- Managing correspondence (postal and digital) on behalf of the Directors
- Managing calendars and organising meetings and appointments
- Ad-hoc support to Directors on miscellaneous tasks, including personal matters (on average 1h/week and during business hours only)
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate would be an organised, disciplined and versatile individual with the ability to keep an eagle-eye view on a wide range of topics. This is a challenging role, demanding solid time management and organisational skills, the ability to set up, test, monitor and implement procedures and react positively and flexibly to changing priorities.
As with all our team members, we are on the look-out for willingness to learn, creativity and ambition, and a strong motivation to work for a small yet fast-growing SME.
The key ingredients are a combination of strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, good organisational and problem-solving capabilities, and the will to become a central hub in our small team’s operational life.
Here are the specific traits we are looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience in (a) comparable role(s) (e.g administrative, secretarial, office manager, personal assistant, operations manager etc.).
- Excellent written and spoken English (C2 level) and French (or Dutch) (min. B2)
- Ability to work well both independently and within larger teams
- Multitasking and time management capabilities
- Good project management skills, including a strong ability to perform well in tight timeframes and to multi-task
- Intimate understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Flexibility for occasional travel in Europe (when the pandemic-related measures allow)
- Hands-on European project management experience (e.g. Horizon 2020)
- Strong proposal-writing skills (especially for European funding schemes)
- Good knowledge of web-based project and task management tools
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
What we offer
Evenflow offers the opportunity to:
- Play a strong role in a young, dynamic and steadily growing company;
- Enjoy an upbeat, inclusive and comfortable working environment (even when working from home!), in which your ideas are valued and your work-life balance is respected;
- Support the implementation of exciting, high-tech projects in a wide range of application domains (agriculture, environment, energy, transport, etc.);
- Develop professionally and enhance your transferable skill-set as well as your thematic expertise;
- Earn a competitive salary, take on well-defined responsibilities from the outset and shape your future role within the team as the company grows.
If you would like to express your interest in working for Evenflow, please write to email@example.com enclosing your CV (in Europass format) and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) outlining: (1) your reasons for applying, (2) your main strengths and weaknesses and (3) a description of your dream job in this role.
This call for CVs will remain open until further notice, and/or until the relevant position is filled.
We expect to commence the first round of interviews as soon as possible, with an envisaged start date of our new hire by 15th of July 2021.
Note: Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic (and in line with current local measures for Belgium and Brussels), we expect that candidates will initially work from home until conditions are further relaxed. Interviews will also be conducted online (arrangements for safe face-to-face meetings may be considered for local candidates).
In accordance with the GDPR, Evenflow ensures that your data will be processed exclusively for the purposes of completing this recruitment process. By submitting an application, you consent to the processing and storage of your data. Your data will be made available to the Directors as well as the administrative personnel responsible for the recruitment process. You can withdraw your application and the right to process your data that you have provided to us at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.