As new horizons open up before us, we are looking to make three new hires with starting dates as soon as possible, including this one: Communication and Marketing Assistant.
Evenflow is a creative and dynamic strategy and communications consultancy focused on supporting and promoting the applications of innovative technologies such as Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation:
- We create insights to support new businesses, guide strategy, and inform policy
- We support innovation through access to markets, finance and expertise
- We communicate creatively through informative campaigns and powerful stories
We aspire to create sustainable solutions using these technologies, helping to realise a range of economic, social and environmental benefits. To do this, we work with a variety of partners and stakeholders:
- We engage end-users (e.g. farmers, civil protection agencies or the general public at large) to understand their needs and to raise their awareness on cutting-edge solutions that can meet them.
- We provide strategic advice, market development and user uptake support to EU institutions and governmental organisations, helping to align policies with societal needs and market or technology trends.
- We help universities, start-ups, SMEs and large companies to commercialise their research, scale up their activities and bring the benefits of their solutions to a wider audience.
- We partner with the above actors to design high-quality, high-impact projects utilising innovative technologies.
- We build user communities, stimulate dialogues and raise awareness through our outreach, marketing and promotional activities.
Learn more about what we do on our website.
About the role
We have ongoing communication, marketing and promotional work linked to our contracts with EU institutions and agencies and to our R&D projects. We are aiming to further expand this portfolio in light of new tenders and projects which are on the horizon at the moment.
In this context, we are seeking to recruit a Communication and Marketing Assistant to complement our small (but very excitable) Communications Team, and help us to scale up our outreach and promotional activities.
The responsibilities of the new team member are split across six categories, and will include (but not be limited to) the following tasks:
Communication strategy and planning
- Supporting the development of communication strategies for our projects and contracts
- Refining and adapting existing strategies in light of new information, feedback or monitoring data
- Supporting the development of implementation and delivery plans and schedules for editorial, publication, email and social media
- Supporting the production of all communication outputs, including liaison with external suppliers, such as
- Graphic designers
- Videographers and photographers
- Web designers
- Layout artists
- Primary production of communication materials such as website content, banners, social media posts, leaflet/brochure contents, storyboards, graphical concepts, etc.
- Editing, proof-reading and quality control of communication outputs produced by other parties, internal or external
Digital marketing and social media
- Supporting the execution of digital marketing campaigns
- Supporting the execution of paid advertising campaigns
- Managing one or more social media accounts
Monitoring and Impact Assessment
- Supporting the management of monitoring and impact assessment tools (e.g. social media and website KPIs) for our ongoing campaigns and web properties
- Conduct analyses of monitoring data and extract actionable insights
- Supporting new comms-related business development activities: Opportunity monitoring, identification and assessment of potential partnerships, bid management support including consortium building.
Project Leadership and Administration
- Dependent on needs and skill, the new team member may be required to carry out management and reporting duties linked to our new or ongoing externally-funded research and innovation projects.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate would be trained in communication, marketing or social media, with 1 or more years of experience in the field. As with all our team members, we are on the look-out for versatility, willingness to learn, creativity and ambition, and a strong motivation to work for a small yet fast-growing SME.
The key ingredients are a combination of strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, good organisational and problem-solving capabilities, the ability to understand and communicate complex ideas effectively, a critical eye for a good design and – above all – an excellent grasp of modern communication and marketing practices.
Here are the specific traits we are looking for:
- At least 1 year of experience in a digital/social media marketing or communications role
- Knowledge and understanding of modern communication and marketing practices
- A relevant degree underpinning the above professional skillset
- Excellent written and spoken English (C2 level)
- Ability to work well both independently and within larger teams
- Good project management skills, including a strong ability to perform well in tight timeframes and to multi-task
- Intimate understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint, and working knowledge of WordPress CMS
- Understanding of the European Space Programmes and their applications
- Demonstrated experience of delivering work in or for European institutions or agencies
- Hands-on European project management experience (e.g. Horizon 2020)
- Strong proposal-writing skills (especially for European funding schemes)
- Ability to use professional graphic design software
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
What we offer
Evenflow offers the opportunity to:
- Play a strong role in a young, dynamic and steadily growing company;
- Enjoy an upbeat, inclusive and comfortable working environment (even when working from home!), in which your ideas are valued and your work-life balance is respected;
- Work on various aspects of exciting, high-tech projects in a wide range of application domains (agriculture, environment, energy, transport, etc.);
- Develop professionally and enhance your transferable skill-set as well as your thematic expertise;
- Travel, meet clients and build your professional network across Europe (when the pandemic-related measures allow);
- Earn a competitive salary, take on well-defined responsibilities from the outset and shape your future role within the team as the company grows.
If you would like to express your interest in working for Evenflow, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing your CV (in Europass format) and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) outlining: (1) your reasons for applying, (2) your main strengths and weaknesses and (3) a description of your dream job in this role.
This call for CVs will remain open until further notice, and/or until the relevant position is filled.
We expect to commence the first round of interviews by the start of July, with an envisaged start date of our new hire by August 2021.
Note: Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic (and in line with current local measures for Belgium and Brussels), we expect that candidates will initially work from home until conditions are further relaxed. Interviews will also be conducted online (arrangements for safe face-to-face meetings may be considered for local candidates).
In accordance with the GDPR, Evenflow ensures that your data will be processed exclusively for the purposes of completing this recruitment process. By submitting an application, you consent to the processing and storage of your data. Your data will be made available to the Directors as well as the administrative personnel responsible for the recruitment process. You can withdraw your application and the right to process your data that you have provided to us at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.