With major new activities starting in the coming months, we are looking to recruit a consultant who will support project management and analytical (innovation support, market studies, business planning) tasks. We are looking for full-time hires.
Based in Brussels, Evenflow is a strategy and communications consultancy specialised in the promotion, exploitation and market uptake of innovative technologies (primarily Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation). Our work is driven by the aspiration to build sustainable solutions enabled by such technologies and facilitate the realisation of a wide range of economic, social and environmental benefits to providers and users alike. To achieve that, we work with and for actors across the entire value chain:
- We engage end-users (e.g. farmers, civil protection agencies or the general public at large) to understand their needs and to raise their awareness on cutting-edge solutions that can meet them.
- We provide strategic advice, market development and user uptake support to EU institutions and governmental organisations, contributing to their efforts to align policies with societal needs and the latest market or technology trends.
- We help universities, start-ups, SMEs and large companies to commercialise their research, scale up their activities and bring the benefits of their solutions to a wider audience.
- We partner with all the above actors to design, implement and exploit high-quality, high-impact projects utilising innovative technologies.
- We craft and implement outreach strategies, extracting the important messages for different target audiences and conveying them through the appropriate channels and media, as well as constructing powerful marketing campaigns.
These activities are conducted within framework contracts with European Institutions, R&D projects and B2B assignments for which more information can be found online at https://evenflow.eu/activities
About the role
Evenflow is involved in several contracts with EU institutions and agencies as well as R&D projects, contributing to user uptake, market development and strategic direction activities around the European Space Programmes (Copernicus, Galileo and EGNOS) and their applications.
In this context, we are seeking to recruit one Consultant who will support the execution of tasks carried out by Evenflow. This will include
- The end-to-end implementation of project management tasks for new projects and contracts
- The execution of market analyses in different sectors, including value chain analyses, competitive landscape mapping and monitoring of current and future trends
- The development of business plans, commercialisation or market entry strategies at application or even programme level (e.g. for Galileo or Copernicus)
- The engagement of actors across the value chain towards understanding their requirements and presenting them with the value proposition associated to high-tech enabled solutions
- The drafting of reports, including the development of roadmaps and action plans
In addition, and depending on her/his interests and abilities, the selected candidate may support business development activities (from opportunity monitoring to end-to-end proposal management).
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate would be a versatile, multi-talented individual, strongly motivated to work for a small yet fast-growing SME. The key ingredients are a combination of strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, good problem-solving/analytical capabilities, the ability to understand and communicate complex ideas effectively, and – above all – an entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a keen willingness to learn.
With regards to the specific tasks listed above, we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of proven experience in desk research, data collection and analysis, and synthesis of findings in reports.
- Strong academic background in scientific or business disciplines
- Ability to work well both independently and within larger teams
- Good project management skills, including a strong ability to perform well in tight timeframes and to multi-task
- Excellent written and spoken English (C2 level)
- Intimate understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Understanding of programmatic, market and/or technological aspects of the European Space Programmes and their applications [strongly desirable]
- Solid understanding of and experience in innovation support mechanisms (e.g. accelerators, incubators) and their respective ecosystems (start-ups, business angels, etc.) [strongly desirable]
- Demonstrated experience of delivering work in or for European institutions or agencies
- Hands-on European project management experience (e.g. Horizon 2020)
- Strong proposal-writing skills (especially for European funding schemes)
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
What we offer
Evenflow offers the opportunity to:
- Play a strong role in a young, dynamic and steadily growing company;
- Enjoy an upbeat and inclusive working environment (even when working from home!), in which your ideas are valued and your work-life balance is respected;
- Work on various aspects of exciting, high-tech projects in a wide range of application domains (agriculture, environment, energy, transport, etc.);
- Develop professionally and enhance your transferable skill-set as well as your thematic expertise;
- Travel, meet clients and build your professional network across Europe (when the pandemic-related measures allow);
- Earn a competitive salary, take on well-defined responsibilities from the outset and shape your future role within the team as the company grows.
If you would like to express your interest in working for Evenflow, please write to email@example.com enclosing your CV and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) outlining: (1) your reasons for applying, (2) your main strengths and weaknesses and (3) a description of your dream job.
This call for CVs will remain open until further notice, and/or until the relevant position is filled.
We expect to commence the first round of interviews at the end of November, with an envisaged start date of our new hire(s) in January 2021 or earlier.
Note: Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic (and in line with current local measures for Belgium and Brussels), we expect that candidates will work from home until conditions change. Interviews will also be conducted online (arrangements for safe face-to-face meetings may be considered for local candidates).
In accordance with the GDPR, Evenflow ensures that your data will be processed exclusively for the purposes of completing this recruitment process. By submitting an application, you consent to the processing and storage of your data. Your data will be made available to the Directors as well as the administrative personnel responsible for the recruitment process. You can withdraw your application and the right to process your data that you have provided to us at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.