Do you have:
- 3-6 years of experience in communications?
- Experience in managing communications for European-funded R&D projects?
- Experience of, or (at minimum) intermediate understanding of geospatial data or Earth Observation?
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written)?
- Impeccable writing skills?
- Legal authorisation to live and work in the European Union?
Would you like to:
- Work from Brussels (hybrid as well)?
- Be part of a close-knit and agile team of space enthusiasts?
- Travel across Europe and why not overseas?
Then keep scrolling…
Our portfolio ofcommunication, marketing and promotional work linked to our contracts with EU institutions and agencies and to our R&D projects is growing and developing. In this context, we are seeking to recruit a full-time experienced Communication Consultant as soon as possible, to complement our bold and unstoppable Communications Team and help us to scale up our outreach and promotional activities. The new hire would need experience in European funded project communication and dissemination and ideally, awareness and/or experience of geospatial topics.
The responsibilities of the new team member are split across five categories, and will include the following tasks:
Communication strategy and planning
- Creating and refining communication strategies across channels and diverse audiences
- CMS and website management (Drupal and WordPress)
- Drafting articles and content for brochures or reports
- Creative copywriting for websites and posts, and for social media
Digital marketing and social media
- Devising and implementing social media campaigns (paid or organic)
- Preparing, delivering and monitoring weekly newsletters
- Reporting and KPI monitoring using tools such as Google Analytics.
- Coordinating events online and onsite
- Contributing to the development of concept notes and agendas
- Liaising with and managing speakers
- Supporting the promotion and outreach activities of events
Project Leadership and Administration
- Dependent on needs and skill, the new team member may be required to carry out management and reporting duties linked to our new or ongoing externally-funded research and innovation projects.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate should be well-versed in communications, and social media, with 3-6 years of experience in the field. We are also looking for a minimum “conversational fluency” with geospatial data and Earth Observation.
As with all our team members, we are on the look-out for versatility, willingness to learn, creativity and ambition, and a strong motivation to work for a small, strong and fast-growing SME.
The key ingredients are a combination of strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, good organisational and problem-solving capabilities, the ability to understand and communicate complex ideas effectively, for a broad range of audiences such as general public, policymakers, industry actors, strong sense of initiative, flexibility and – above all – an excellent grasp of modern digital communication practices.
Here are the specific traits we are looking for:
- 3-6 years of experience in a communications role with an emphasis on digital
- Understanding of geospatial data and Earth Observation
- Experience of EU-funded projects (e.g. Horizon Europe), both in communications content and admin/project management.
- Proven ability to produce, high quality, succinct content
- Native (or near-native level) written and spoken English (C2)
- Ability to work well both independently and within larger teams
- Excellent project management skills, including a strong ability to perform well in tight timeframes and to prioritise
- Intimate understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Responsiveness and ability to find solutions on the spot.
- Performance Analysis tools, e.g., Google Analytics 4, Tag Manager, Google ads, Mailchimp, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics, UTM URL Generation best practices
- Candidates must have legal authorisation to live and work in the European Union.
- Understanding of the European Union Space Programme and its applications
- Ability to quickly grasp complex topics and transform them into meaningful information.
- Experience with and knowledge of the organisation, structure and working procedures of the European Commission and/or EU Agencies.
What we offer
Evenflow offers the opportunity to:
- Play a strong role in a young, dynamic and steadily growing company;
- Enjoy an upbeat, inclusive and comfortable working environment (even when working from home!), in which your ideas are valued and your work-life balance is respected;
- Work on various aspects of exciting, high-tech projects in a wide range of application domains (agriculture, environment, raw materials, energy, transport, etc.);
- Develop professionally and enhance your transferable skill-set as well as your thematic expertise;
- Travel, meet clients and build your professional network across Europe;
- Earn a competitive salary, take on well-defined responsibilities from the outset and shape your future role within the team as the company grows.
If you would like to express your interest in working for Evenflow, please apply here.
This vacancy will remain open until further notice, and/or until the relevant position is filled.
We expect to commence the first round of interviews as soon as possible. Interviews can be held in person for local candidates or online, depending on individual circumstances.
Based in Brussels, Evenflow is a strategy and communications consultancy specialised in the promotion, exploitation and market uptake of innovative technologies (primarily Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation). Our work is driven by the aspiration to build sustainable solutions enabled by such technologies and facilitate the realisation of a wide range of economic, social and environmental benefits to providers and users alike. To achieve that, we work with and for actors across the entire value chain:
- We engage end-users (e.g. farmers, civil protection agencies or the general public at large) to understand their needs and to raise their awareness on cutting-edge solutions that can help them.
- We provide strategic advice, market development and user uptake support to EU institutions and governmental organisations, contributing to their efforts to align policies with societal needs and the latest market or technology trends.
- We help universities, start-ups, SMEs and large companies to commercialise their research, scale up their activities and bring the benefits of their solutions to a wider audience.
- We partner with all the above actors to design, implement and exploit high-quality, high-impact projects utilising innovative technologies.
- We craft and implement outreach strategies, extracting the important messages for different target audiences and conveying them through the appropriate channels and media, as well as constructing powerful marketing campaigns.